The aim of this course is to give those who use safety harness and lanyards an understanding of the different types of harnesses and lanyards, their safe selection, use and inspection.
It also runs through all the relevant health and safety laws including the Work at Height Regulations 2005.
|Course Duration||Half day|
|Delegates Per Course||Minimum No. of Delegates: 6 (or please ring if you have less as we also run plenty of open courses) Maximum No. of Delegates: 12|
|Location||Bristol, Blackburn, Birmingham, Andover, St Albans, Ashford, Cardiff, Coventry, Darlaston, Derby, Dundee, Durham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Gloucester, Kent, Leeds, Leicester, Lincoln, Liskeard, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Newstead (Nottingham), North Wales, Norwich, Peterborough, Plymouth, Scunthorpe, Southampton, Swansea, Taunton, Warrington, Wimborne, Yeovil|
At your own site
Please give us a call to arrange a custom quotation.
This Course Covers:
- An overview of all relevant Health & Safety Laws and Regulations including the Work at Height Regulations 2005.
- Responsibilities of employees and their employers under these laws and Regulations.
- The different types and uses of harnesses and lanyards - which one to use in different situations.
- The safe inspection of the equipment, what to look for and how to look for it, whose responsibility it is.
- How to put on and wear the different types of harnesses.
- How to work safely in your harness with your lanyard.
- Devising a safe rescue plan!
- The correct way to store of harnesses and lanyards.
- Having a go yourself - practical.
- Testing your knowledge - Test paper, questions and review.