Suitable For: All workers who are liable to disturb asbestos during their normal work should be trained so that they can recognise asbestos containing materials and know what to do if they come across them. The training needs to be appropriate for the work and the roles undertaken by individuals. You will need awareness training so you know how to avoid the risks and how to protect yourself - we also offer yearly refresher tool box training.
|Course Duration||Half day course|
|Location||Bristol, Blackburn, Birmingham, Andover, St Albans, Ashford, Cardiff, Coventry, Darlaston, Derby, Dundee, Durham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Gloucester, Kent, Leeds, Leicester, Lincoln, Liskeard, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Newstead (Nottingham), North Wales, Norwich, Peterborough, Plymouth, Scunthorpe, Southampton, Swansea, Taunton, Warrington, Wimborne, Yeovil|
At your own site
Please give us a call to arrange a custom quotation.
This Course Covers:
- What is asbestos
- History of asbestos and where to find it
- How was asbestos used and where
- The types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and asbestos materials in buildings and plant
- An overview of the requirements of The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
- Responsibilities of the Employer and Employee to avoid danger from exposure to asbestos
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on health, including the increased risk of developing lung cancer for asbestos workers who smoke
- The general procedures to deal with an emergency e.g. an uncontrolled release of asbestos dust into the workplace
- How to avoid the risk of exposure to asbestos.