The IPAF MEWP Harness Course designed for Managers, Supervisors and Operatives who select, inspect and use appropriate harness and lanyards.
|Course Duration||Half day|
|Location||Bristol, Blackburn, Birmingham, Andover, St Albans, Ashford, Cardiff, Coventry, Darlaston, Derby, Dundee, Durham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Gloucester, Kent, Leeds, Leicester, Lincoln, Liskeard, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Newstead (Nottingham), North Wales, Norwich, Peterborough, Plymouth, Scunthorpe, South Wales, Southampton, Swansea, Taunton, Warrington, Wimborne, Yeovil|
At your own site
Please give us a call to arrange a custom quotation.
This Course Covers:
- Introduction: Facilities, objectives, health & fitness statement.
- Legislation, standards & guidance /how often should you inspect your harness.
- Hierarchy of fall protection measures includes safe work at height, avoidance, work restraint, work position and fall arrest.
- Harness, lanyard and fittings includes harness types, lanyard types, fall factors, fixed vs adjustable, loop vs sliders, inertia devices, different connects & captive webbing.
- How to do pre-use checks and fitting and typical anchorage points.
- Usage and anchor points.
- Storage and maintenance.
- Hazards and precautions.
- Rescue requirements and options.